[MiNT] Security again

Hi Jo!

JE>having this functionality (and even support it with a GEMDOS-call)
JE>would probably just invite people to bend vectors in applications and
JE>not just TSRs.
One could easily prevent that by either denying access after the auto folder
was executed or by doing the hooking not until Ptermres() is executed

JE>If the situation arise that you really, really must bend vectors from
JE>your MiNT-application (including TSRs), then there's nothing that
JE>prevents you from using TraPatch or something similar.
The only argument against TraPatch that I ever heard:
I do not want to rely on the presence of another program and I also don't
want to urge someone to install another program in the auto folder

JE>What concerns me is stability, and I can't see how that can be
JE>improved by promoting vector-bending.
I do not consider it promoting vector bending (as I don't see Setexc() doing
so). If someone thinks he has to bend a vector, he will do it, if not, he
won't.

JE>Instead of trying to find new ways to bend vectors, let's try to find
JE>ways to eliminate it. Here's a few suggestions:
Sorry, but your suggestions are only solutions for some special TSRs.
There's missing a concept how you can get rid of vector bending

JE>3. Let the various AES-developers agree on a common way to hook a
JE>fileselector into the AES.
Not only file selectors hook into the GEM trap. Have a look at my homepage
and you will find 3 of them (and I have some more here). None of them is a
file selector

Bye

                Joerg
--
You don't know TraPatch?
Then you also don't know WinKeys, BonI and shelhelp!