RE: [MiNT] New kernel features

> > but I can't even imagine how a 4 Mb MiNT-box is able to work.

It works just fine, as long as you don't run memory hoggers like
an AES or Pine.  I use that on the Stacy.

> Hey, great. Why not abandon 68K machines (most of them being
> restricted to 4MB) as well?

This has been suggested and rejected, because there have been a
few memory upgrades available in the past, but I see the irony.

Another trend I'm seeing is stuff that has 040 (read: Milan) code
embeded.  Support for the Milan is indeed important, but removing
030 support in favour of generic "post-010" 68020-40 or to make
room for 68040-specific code is narrow-minded.

One example of this is mintlib since about 0.50, which supports
uname for atarist[e], falcon, milan.... but no TT.  What does it
mean?  It means that when running a Configure script that parses
uname, I get a generic -m68000 compiler flag as a result, even
though I have a 030+FPU that could support the optimizing parts
of a building process.

Guido:   the above are just observations.  If you take everything
         personally, too bad.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk