Re: [MiNT] key binding.

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> More interesting question is what the operating system should do when the
> power is going down. It must not reboot, naturally. So some sort of
> defined lock up? Something like "you can safely turn off windows now" ?
> :-)))

This is the way my Linux machine operates and as far as I can see, the
only sensible way (maybe with variations):

When power goes off, computer is notified but no immediate action is taken

If power is still off after a little while warn users

If power is off for a long time or battery is low, shut down computer and
turn off the UPS (the UPS will later come on and power up the computer
when mains power is restored)

| Mario Becroft           * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group      |
| mb@gem.win.co.nz        * Atari Hardware Developments:                |
| http://gem.win.co.nz/   * NEW: QWERTYX - PC AT Keyboard Interface     |