RE: [MiNT] What's in, what's out?

Hi!

> > I never understand this list as a place for detailed kernel discussions.
>
> Why not? It certainly used to be that back in the past...

As I said, until now.

> > Because it's faster and more efficient?
>
> That might be true, but the price seems to be that you're shutting out those
> people whose opinion you don't want to hear.

As I said, I don't have the time and I don't want to discuss every
new feature or change here on the list.

If this list disagree with me I must accept that, right. I really need to
hear other opinions about that.

> Frank, I don't think that the changes that triggered this discussion can be
> considered "small". Yes, it might be a small change of source code to define
> the 32th signal, but it has a large impact because it de facto makes it
> impossible to add any other new signal later (without a lot of work, that
> is).

I said this in general. And then again, what is a 'small' change and what
not? Who decide this?

> I don't think that voting makes sense -- indeed everybody can fork his own
> development tree if there's enough dissatisfaction.

Compared to? What is with the name FreeMiNT? Who is allowed to use it?

> I don't argue with your authority to drive the development the way you want
> it. However it seems to be that there could be a better balance between the
> extremes ("discuss and vote any change" vs "just ignore the mailing list and
> discuss things somewhere else).

That's the point. It sounds hard or prig or whatever, but for my sparetime
FreeMiNT development I don't need this list. And if I accumulate the time
I spend to discuss her this topic with you I think it's better that I
go away and program a nice piece of software instead.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 040