Re: [MiNT] Unix domain

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 05:11:14PM +0100, Henk Robbers wrote:
>Guido Flohr wrote:
>> Yes, a Pdomain(2) or a Punixdomain(!0) could solve some current
>> problems, compatibility problems.  But it would certainly not shrink the
>> kernel.
>
>Not at the moment I suppose. The kernel is still not that big.
>But, as I said earlier, it will give complete freedom to kernel developers.
>In the mean time keeping simple AES users happy.

I just want to say that I think that Henk is right: A new domain would solve
many problems that are discussed on this list - Progress vs. compatibility!
But I would not use a new Pdomain call but a flag in the program header or
something similar so that programs couldn't change their mode on the fly. I
think this would make it easier for the kernel to handle "real" Unix-like
programs.

 Thomas