Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> I don't want to have a different OS in the
> background, I want the PC to boot directly into a 68k-emulator and
> boot MiNT on that.

I don't understand why you think it's ok to emulate the entire m68k CPU,
but not ok to emulate just the MiNT API on top of another kernel.  In the
former case, you would emulate everything, including the operating system
(i.e. MiNT).  In the latter case, only the applications would be emulated,
whilst the operating system would run at native speed.

If you want to hide the hosting operating system, then you are free to do
that.  In the Linux case, just make /sbin/init start your familiar GEM
environment.