Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:33:45 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> Then, just do it.  Get yourself a PIII, install Linux or NetBSD
> and compile STonX.  Later on, once the whole oATARIs package is
> ready, upgrade to that.  There, you got yourself an emulated ST.

But that's not what I want! I don't want to have a different OS in the
background, I want the PC to boot directly into a 68k-emulator and
boot MiNT on that. That's essentially a Milan, with the only difference
that the CPU (and some other essential hardware, like the IKBD) is emulated.
There's no OS in the background, all hardware is controlled directly by
MiNT (or the (X)BIOS) and for all practical purposes I'm using an "Atari",
not an emulator.

/*
**
*/