RE: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:54:50 +0100, Yann Lossouarn wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:08:17 +0100, Jo-Even.Skarstein wrote:
>
> J > But these runs on top of another OS, like Linux, right? That's not what *I*
> J > want, I want to *boot* MiNT on a PPC or x86-platform, and run a VDI and AES
> J > without having to boot Windows or Linux/X first.
>
> In fact, if someone can explain me the differences between the Linux and
> the MiNT kernel. Precisely, I'd like to know what are the pros and cons of
> using the Linux kernel in place of the MiNT one.

Just to clear things up: The reason I don't want to run a MiNT-emulator on
top of another OS is not that this OS is inferior in any way. It's simply
because I don't like it, when I use things like GEMulator or MagiC PC I
feel like I'm using some sort of toy, and not a real OS.

/*
**
*/