RE: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:35:05 +0100, Yann Lossouarn wrote:

>         Then I guess the problem for nowadays TOS computers is the
> hardware connectivity (networking boards...).

Yes, unless you have a Hades or Milan which use normal NE2000-cards.

>         Really ? Well, if so, fVDI really seems to be a good solution, for
> the VDI point. About the 3D point, I think porting Mesa would be fairly
> easy ?

Mesa has already been ported, but I don't think it supports any
OpenGL-hardware. If it doesn't then it doesn't make much sense in using
it.

>         It would be great if someone could make a listing of things to
> do if MiNT was to be ported to the RioRed platform...

Write the boot-strap code, write the 68k-emulator, possibly port MiNT
to PPC (or run it on the emulator), write drivers for fVDI (unless you stick
with ATI Rage), write hardware-drivers for MiNT... More than enough ;-)

/*
**
*/