Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:47:10 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> > The m68k series is several generations behind the current processors.
> > An 800 MHz AMD Athlon is 'somewhat' faster than an 80 MHz '060...
>
> So?  Driving a Mercedes is more comfortable than a Lada. Even so,
> both of them get you there and both top around 200km/h.

That's not a very good analogy. To stick with cars: Yes, you *can* move
your entire house with a Lada Niva, but a Volvo F16 will do it a helluva
lot quicker ;-)

I can compile the MiNT-kernel on my TT without problems, but it takes forever
compared to my Afterburner, and on my PC it will only take a few seconds.
Which one do you think I'd prefer if they had the same OS? I wouldn't care if
the CPU was emulated if it could save me 4 of the 5 minutes my Afterburner
use. And the PC cost me about 1/3 (fully loaded) of what I paid for the
Afterburner (without RAM).

/*
**
*/