Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Fri, Mar 28, 2036 at 04:14:28AM +0000, Remi Villatel wrote:

> Well, if only Milan GmbH had adopted the PPC for the Milan 2... But they
> refused Motorola's offer who wanted to give them the 680x0 emulator _for free._
> (Don't ask how I know; I'll even deny having said anything.) In that case, we
> wouldn't be here, still arguing about what our future could be.

Right. We would still be in the beginning of getting a first PPC prototype
running, not even talking about a working emulation or even a bootable TOS
inside the emulation.

Getting source code for a working emulator is one thing, getting a
completely new design with no existing bootcode or other support to execute
the first 10 assembler instructions, much more a whole OS, takes quite some
time - I have done that more than once.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen