Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

> > I would feel like Jo Even said (like using a toy). That's why I will
> > always prefer to have a real Atari hardware, even if it might be slower
>
> Ditto, but what can I do when my Falcon/AB dies?

It already happened to me. I went and bought a new Falcon. I couldn't help
myself (even if it was so damn expensive for me, I was finishing the
University at that time)....

> > than PIII/K7. Luckily our software usually does not need such horse power.
>
> Perhaps not today, but remember that today's software is a *lot* more bloated
> than five or ten years ago. And this trend will continue, simply because we
> want to do more stuff. That's why we need more horsepower. For now my AB is
> sufficient, but that won't last forever.

I agree. I already have an application (the Atari800 emulator) that I
would need more CPU power for. Somebody was working on a 060 for AB and if
this wouldn't work I will probably buy the Milan60 at some point in
future.

In other words, I won't go into a new non-m68k based computer. As soon as
we lose the basic binary compatibility we will always be using a toy,
running under an emulator.

Petr