RE: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On 2000-2-21, Anders Eriksson <ae@dhs.nu> wrote:

> > > Motorola makes 80 MHz chips that could be safely overclocked at
> > > 100 MHz, for real "hotter than stove at broil" Pentium behavior.
>
> Motorolas homepage claims they have 75 MHz 060's without FPU
> and 60 (or was it 50) MHz ones with FPU.

Those are the ones, yep.

Given this, I'm sure if Michael and Ali went to Motorola and said
"build us a 200 MHz 060 with FPU _and_ 030 instructions that were
removed since the 040 and we'll buy 1000 units now and 1000 more
in 6 months, after the first batch of Milan 3 is sold," Motorola
could not refuse.

Heck, even the Amiga folks might be interrested in such a CPU....

Btw, one interresting avenue to explore would be a dual-CPU Atari
using, let's say, twin 060's at 80 MHz.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS