Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

> > Motorolas homepage claims they have 75 MHz 060's without FPU
> > and 60 (or was it 50) MHz ones with FPU.
>
> Those are the ones, yep.
>
> Given this, I'm sure if Michael and Ali went to Motorola and said
> "build us a 200 MHz 060 with FPU _and_ 030 instructions that were
> removed since the 040 and we'll buy 1000 units now and 1000 more
> in 6 months, after the first batch of Milan 3 is sold," Motorola
> could not refuse.

I think you forgot a smiley there somewhere.
At least I hope this was supposed to be a joke.

If Michael and Ali (whoever they are) wanted to buy a few hundred thousand
such chips, Motorola _might_ perhaps _consider_ doing something about it.
(Somehow Motorola would also need to be convinced (a very substantial
 down-payment, say) that they would actually get their money in the end.)
That's some pretty major development, on a processor line that Motorola no
doubt considers dead, that you're talking about.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)