Re: [MiNT] ext2 error

Hi

> > Today, I found the following error upon bootup:
> >
> > e: has reached maximal mount count, check forced.
>
> This isn't an error, it's a feature.

Quite irritating though, if you are developing something that needs many
reboots (examples: MiNT kernel, shutdown program :-)). I can't understand,
why the fsck thinks it should check a partition, even when the partition
has been cleanly unmounted, the system has been closed properly, and the
fsck was not ASKED to do anything. Yet on the 'maximum mount count
exceeded' case, the checker never finds any errors. I could accept it in a
developer version of the fsck or ext2fs, but as for the user version this
approach smells much like Microsoft Windows:

System: the filesystem should be checked, do you want to do so?
User: (click) No
System: Are you sure?
User: (click) Yes
System: Is your wife sure too?
User's wife: (click) Yes
System: checking filesystems to verify your statement, please wait...

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.