Re: [MiNT] pppd at 230400

On 2000-4-30, Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> wrote:

> I found that my modem will do the 230400 rate, but pppd does
> not like that as a parameter for <speed>.

It's not just PPPD.

The kernel also doesn't know about baudrates above 115,200.

Back when both were upgraded, I recall saying we might as well
support the SCC's full speed, but because too many Falcon users
reported unreliable operation beyond that, the idea was rejected.

While we're at it, whoever updates both PPPD and the kernel, may
I recommend that you also support the SCC's two "oddball" rates.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS