Re: [MiNT] Ethernet (again...)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:43:59 +0200, Andreas B?r wrote:

> > Pam's net
> > ---------
> > As soon as the lance.xif driver is loaded, it presents itself and prints
> > out the MAC-address of the card. Then MiNT (pid 0) crash with a "illegal
> > frame format" (or something like that) error and halts. Period.
> I have a similiar problem. When my Crazy Dots II is not connected and i want to boot
> with normal NVDI, i get the same message, system halted. So that's perhaps not the
> Pam's net-Card.

I tried with STiNG today, and it finds the Pam's card and sets the MAC-address
without problems. But now there seems to be something wrong with the NE2000
in my PC (sigh...).

When I try the Riebl under STiNG, STiNG complains and claims that it can't set
the MAC address, so I'm beginning to think that there's something wrong with
the Riebl. There's hope for the Pam's card though :-)

Btw. booting with NVDI5/ET4000 without the Crazy Dots connected works fine
here, both under MiNT and MagiC. Just disable redirect.prg first, and select
a TT-resolution when slctdev.prg starts.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein    http://home.nvg.org/~joska/
*/