Re: [MiNT] Ethernet (again...)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> OK, since the BioVME ethernet cards doesn't work on the TT, Axel Gehringer
> sent me two new cards to try out, one Pam's net and one Riebl. Ofcourse,
> I can't get these to work either...

> Riebl VME
> ---------
> The driver (riebltt.xif) can't find the card.

Try desoldering one of the battery's leg, resolder it, then
use either Atari's utility (if Axel included it) or ifconfig with
the -f option to re-write the MAC address into the card.  Reboot.
The driver should now find the card's MAC address at bootup.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS