Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.10b

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Ok, here we go: -current development continue with the FreeMiNT 1.16 line.
> The 1.15 line get an stable release if the 1.15.10 beta is more widley
> tested (and maybe bugfixed).
>
> Ok, that's all from me. Comments are welcome!

Hello Frank,

I just installed the .10beta and it works fine so far. Good work!

However, the new bootup might cause some trouble for people with CT2
Falcons. It seems like MiNT ignores the "mintNP.prg" and only checks in
the new mint.ini file. It will then auto-run in protected mode by default.

This will have the CT2 falcons hang and crash completely, total stop, no
warnings etc. So for other CT2 users - hold down shift during the
first bootup with .10b and disable the memoryprotection and save changes.
Then the new kernel will boot.

Perhaps this was written in some docfile that I've been ignorant not to
read. In such case, ignore this message.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@dhs.nu