Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.10b

Hi Anders,

> However, the new bootup might cause some trouble for people with CT2
> Falcons. It seems like MiNT ignores the "mintNP.prg" and only checks in
> the new mint.ini file. It will then auto-run in protected mode by default.
>
> This will have the CT2 falcons hang and crash completely, total stop, no
> warnings etc. So for other CT2 users - hold down shift during the
> first bootup with .10b and disable the memoryprotection and save changes.
> Then the new kernel will boot.

Coding the boot menu routines I had an impression that CT2 TOS inserts
PMMU cookie into the Cookie Jar, and thus in this case MiNT would
automatically disable the memory protection regardless of the mint.ini
settings. If it is not so, perhaps it would be useful to add some code
that detects the CT2 and disables the memprot by default in this
case. Ideas welcome. And also I would be for telling Rodolphe Czuba about
the PMMU cookie, so that perhaps the 060 TOS for the new 060 accelerator
board would use some manners when reprograming the PMMU.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.