RE: [MiNT] tosfs

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Frank Naumann wrote:

> But back to the thread. Q-Funk, please explain me what
> problem do you have with 1st-guide and/or Imagecopy with the
> NEWFATFS that are related to the kernel itself?

If TOSFS is disabled, Imagecopy cannot access the partition to
read filenames; it can manage to write, but only thru a clever
fileselector like Boxkite.

1ST-Guide's problem is not related to the kernel itself, though,
but rather to a dirty proach to supporting long filenames which
Guido Vollbedding refuses to upgrade, even though I mailed him
Thomas Binder's 3 files, because it would supposedly break some
things for MagiC users.

Anyhow, there are still a few irreplacable applications that do
not like NEWFATFS, even with long filenames disabled.  While the
people on this list might not be bothered with dumping software
that doesn't suit their technical goals, end-users need them.
Since people on this list are all capable of using 'make' _they_
should be the minority adapting to the need of the majority.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.