Re: [MiNT] cross compiler for m68k-atari-mint on x86-linux

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, ryan daum wrote:

> Wondering if anybody on this list can help me with this:
>
> O.k. I've managed to get binutils 2.9.1 compiled for my x86-linux box with
> m68k-atari-mint as target, using the patches for binutils.
>
> I also grabbed mintlib and the gcc 2.95.2 patches, and I have been trying
> for a long time now to get a successful compile of it, with no luck.  i've
> tried various variations, and i always get errors with includes (stdio)
> and a dozen and a half missing macros or function calls... i'm tried
> numerous combinations, so i won't bother posting all the errors.

To cross compile the gcc you need the mintlib header files. Do you
installed the header files so that the cross gcc can find it?

> curious if anybody has actually built a cross compiler recently, and if
> so... could they just send me a tar ball?  (for x86, linux)  I'm sick of
> messing around with this, and I just want to write code :-)

I build the cross compiler several times (but for BSD, not Linux; but this
make no difference).

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--