Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.10b fragmentation

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 11:17:10AM -0500, Lonny Pursell wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:41:54 +0100, Guido Flohr wrote:
> That goes back to Petr's original idea.  Could it be taken one
> step further I wonder.  For example if some app can be tweaked
> to run under MP, how about an effort to update the archive and
> have the old archives on the popular ftp sites replaced?

Have you got binary patches in mind?  With software still being
maintained you will probably do a better job to ask the author to fix the
program.  With commercial stuff, binary patches are problematic because
they would usually violate the originators copyright.  Even changing the
stacksize or modifying program flags would actually be such a binary
patch.

I think that "black list" would really be enough.  There are not that many
people that are enthusiastic enough to make their system mp-proof.

Ciao

Guido