Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.10b fragmentation

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 04:01:40PM +0100, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > P.S.: Off topic but ... Have a look at
> >
> > 	http://www.orbs.org/verify.php3?address=195.94.90.26
> >
> > One of your Maus relays (I think it's passat.nph.net) is on the ORBS list
> > for several weeks already.
>
> A representative of one of our Internet providers said about ORBS: "First
> they tell us to close relays, later they will tell us to pay for mail
> delivery". As far as I know, for this reason, and because it smells like a
> censorship, and also for some technical ones, ORBS is mainly ignored by
> the biggest Internet services in pl domain.

An ISP that runs an open mail relay potentially gives away bandwidth for
free which is commonly considered a stupid thing amongst ISPs.
Furthermore a massive spam attack has the same quality of badness as a
denial of service attack.  It can completely knock out an otherwise sound
system.

That ISP representative doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.  He
will learn one day but he will probably have to look for a new job then.

Ciao

Guido