Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

Johan Klockars wrote:

> I considered that too, since the current (or perhaps not (I haven't checked
> if Henk has modified this)) scheme in XaAES limits the number of GEM
> processes to the number of file handles you can fselect on, IIRC.

No, I didnt modify that.

> > The idea is that as many functions as possible should run in the user domain
> > (thanks to the shared library) and that just the rest be performed by the AES
> > server.
>
> That is what the 'direct calls' are about, but if there was only the server,
> there would be no need for any other synchronization...

Exactly. I put a strong tracking system on the semaphore calls.
In server mode less semaphore calling is done than in direct mode.
This works dynamicly, and is mainly concerning the window list.
When working on the semaphores I managed to get rid of about 6 per AES call.
Some not necessary anymore, some simply superfluous.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl