Re: [MiNT] Ctrl-Alt-Del (Shutdown)

Hi!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 06:33:32PM +0100, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> By the way, I would like if there was a way for application programs to
> obtain keyboard scancodes in a clean way (without catching the keyboard
> vectors). Does anyone have an idea?

For applications as in "GEM applications" or "user mode tty programs"?

For the first, evnt_keybd() (or evnt_multi(), respectively) provides
both the scan- and the ascii-code. For the latter, Cconin() provides the
ascii-code in bits 0-7 and the scancode in bits 16-23.

Or did you intent something different than just getting the scancode
alongside with the ascii-code when reading from the keyboard?

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de