Re: [MiNT] OT: Falcon HW reg question

Petr,

Petr Stehlik a écrit:
> > You want to use MMU to disallow BLiTTER access and then catch bus error
> No. I want to kick the blitter out of TOS code, literally. I want to
> replace every single access to Blitter registers in the TOS with NOP so it
> won't be ever used. For this I will need to replace the lowlevel LineA
> routines with software ones.

OK. I looked in this direction too.

There's only a few places in TOS where the BLiTTER is used. Each time,
an address register is used as a base. So in my opinion the easiest way
to do what you want is to modify the base address to store the registers
in a buffer and then to call a BLiTTER emulator when the bit that run
the transfert is set.

Sorry, I didn't go further in this idea.

Xavier
--
Xavier Joubert (Xaz) - Nantes (France) - mailto:xavier.joubert@free.fr
Falcon 030 + CT2b + 68 882, 14+32 Mo, 3.2 Go IDE, Mitsumi IDE 12x