Re: [MiNT] OT: Falcon HW reg question

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Xavier Joubert wrote:

Xavier,

> > I need to know everything about registers $FF8006 and $FF8007
> Those registers were only partialy documented by atari.

Shame.

> for the CT60, I can tell you that some bits indicate the amount of
> memory, some others have functions I don't understand (they are copied
> in an undocumented videl register...). Just take a look at the beginning
> of ROM.

that's what I did and as I didn't know the registers I started asking :)

> Why do you need this ? You want to write a new OS for the Falcon ?

Well, yes, I am still working on a clean TOS for Afterburner. There's
another project going but it's too early to talk about it.

> You want to use MMU to disallow BLiTTER access and then catch bus error

No. I want to kick the blitter out of TOS code, literally. I want to
replace every single access to Blitter registers in the TOS with NOP so it
won't be ever used. For this I will need to replace the lowlevel LineA
routines with software ones.

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.10b, PARCP 3.80!, Atari800 1.04 at http://joy.atari.org/