Re: [MiNT] OT: Falcon HW reg question

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Anders Eriksson wrote:

> > I need to know everything about registers $FF8006 and $FF8007
> > (Compendium is very wrong on these). Also, I would like to know how the
>
> http://files.dhs.nu/files_coding/hardware_register_70.zip

I knew this one, Compendium's memory map looks like built on this file.

> http://files.dhs.nu/files_coding/hardware_description_12.zip

This was a new source of info for me. The SYS_CTL (FF8006) is described
better but still about 10 bits are undocumented.

>From what I've seen in TOS 4.04 it seems like Combel is able to detect the
amount of ST-RAM memory in 512 kB 'pages'. So perhaps we could have 10 MB
of ST-RAM (useful for NOVA graphics and other things). If only this was
better documented.

> http://files.dhs.nu/files_util/mem-test.zip

thanks

> Enables/disables memory check each second time. As I remember it's a bit
> in the NVRAM that is toggled.

that brings another question: where's the NVRAM documented? bit by bit?
I've seen guy on usenet that utilized 24 bytes from the NVRAM for more
secure rand() so he must knew the internal structure of NVRAM.

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.10b, PARCP 3.80!, Atari800 1.04 at http://joy.atari.org/