Re: [MiNT] gcc-3.0 patch available

Hello Patrice,

Mandin Patrice wrote:
> I took the gcc-2.95 patch and adapted it easily for gcc-3.0.
> I removed the support for the -mshort flag because I think
> it is obsolete (am I right ?)

You're not. The -mshort option is not obsolete at all. I
mainly use that flag for portability purpose with PURE C.
Have you ever tried PURE C ? It's reliable and fast. It's
a reference for ATARI computers development. When I'm
developing, I use PURE C for all these reasons. And when
I make a software release I use GCC. I know that most of
UNIX program are in 32 bits mode. But what do you want ?
Really fat and slow executable. Is that your goal ? In my
opinion, I use C for compactness and efficiency. I'm
totally against that sort of unconsciousness of software
developers. You're a silly naughty boy.

Bye,

-- Francois LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org
mailto:lecoat@atari.org