[MiNT] MiNT-Net under FreeMiNT 1.15.12

Hi,

I have almost finished installing all the components of my mint environment.
Have successfully got running XaAES, X Server and most of MiNT-Net.. however when trying
a dialup session using MiNT-Net I always get the message:

Sorry - this system lacks PPP kernel support

What does this message mean? Is the FreeMiNT version really unable to
support PPP?

I have installed FreeMiNT 1.15.12 and the MiNT-Net Installation came from
"MiNT-Net for Lamers III" using pppd 2.3.11 available on the freemint.de
pages. I am currently using a NewVFATFS TOS filesystem with extended filenames
enabled. So as far as I can tell the only FS problem potentially I could be
getting is due to permissions, but files should be R/W to pppd. I plan
on putting it all onto ext2 partition, but want to back my disk up to a
couple of CD's before I mess with the hard disk paritions.

How likely is it that the problem is caused by
the fact I am not using a FS supporting full Unix permissions.

I observe the inetd and portmap processes in my /proc and can ping and
traceroute my box on the loopback (127.0.0.1).

Any elaboration on this message and why I may be getting it would be
greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Anthony Green