Re: [MiNT] Memory Protection Horror Show (long)

on Fri 10-08-2001 01:26 Remi Villatel wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>Well I just installed the last RPMs: freemint-1.15.12-1, freemint-sbin-1.15.12-1
>and e2fsprogs-1.14-6 and I tested the memory protection...
>
>It just doesn't work on my Hades060!

I surely does work. To be honest I must say that I'm not very keen to
use it as some apps I daily us doesn't work very good under MP.

>I also changed the memory
>flags of Jinnee to global because it always exploded. What I got was something I
>never saw:

I don't think you can blame MiNT for this behaviour. It's more likely
Jinnee which behaves bad. Anyway, on my Hades and with WP jinnee doesn't
work at all. I get a 'MEMORY VIOLATION: type free' error.

>My AUTO folder:
>
>EMULATOR
>MENU
>STA_VDI
>XBOOT
>SET_MMU
>NOVACAL
>PCI_BIOS
>NVDI
>DRVIN
>SCC
>BOXKITE
>DMIRROR
>METAXBS
>CALVINO
>MINTNP

DMIRROR: Are you using Diamond Edge? I hope you know Diamond Edge
will cause severe problems when you use it to check VFAT partitions.

>exec c:\auto\fpu060v3.prx

Are you happy with this? Long time ago I've tried it for sort periode.
It wasn't exactly what I call stable.

CU
Martin
--
             *****Greetings from Okami Newsreader*****
             ** On the seventh day He created Atari **