Re: [MiNT] Memory Protection Horror Show (long)

Martin \"Nightowl\" Byttebier wrote:

> >Well I just installed the last RPMs: freemint-1.15.12-1, freemint-sbin-1.15.12-1
> >and e2fsprogs-1.14-6 and I tested the memory protection...
> >
> >It just doesn't work on my Hades060!

> I surely does work. To be honest I must say that I'm not very keen to
> use it as some apps I daily us doesn't work very good under MP.

The same to me. I only tested memory protection just because I wanted a setup a
bit more stable...  :-I

> >I also changed the memory flags of Jinnee to global because it always exploded.

> I don't think you can blame MiNT for this behaviour. It's more likely
> Jinnee which behaves bad. Anyway, on my Hades and with WP jinnee doesn't
> work at all. I get a 'MEMORY VIOLATION: type free' error.

I tested Thing 1.27 very recently... I don't know if it's the absolute last
version but Jinnee is much more user friendly! The only lack of Jinnee 1.x is
the unability to see the access rights in the directory windows.

> DMIRROR: Are you using Diamond Edge? I hope you know Diamond Edge
> will cause severe problems when you use it to check VFAT partitions.

Thanks...  ;-)  I'm not a newbie. I keep on using DMirror (only on pure TOS
partitions) just for nostalgia. (If it ain't broken, don't fix it.) I don't use
Diamond Edge any more. HDDriver tools are better to handle partitions... Now,
I'm gonna also see what MiNT's version of fdisk is worth to.

> >exec c:\auto\fpu060v3.prx
>
> Are you happy with this? Long time ago I've tried it for sort periode.
> It wasn't exactly what I call stable.

Never had a problem with it... At least no problem for which I may blame
fpu060v6. The only app I know/have which use the FPU is POV and it seems very
happy this way.

See you,

Remi Villatel
maxilys@normandnet.fr