Re: [MiNT] ext2fs and TOS domain

Hello!

> > > What you wrote let me think TOS domain support from ext2fs is already a
> > > dirty hack.
> > There are no special routines for TOS domain at all.
>
> Then you should have wrote code to prevent access from TOS domain. ;-)

There are also programs out that don't switch to TOS domain but they work
fine with long/case-sensitive names.

> Did you read my mail ?

I thought so :-) Maybe I had misunderstand you.

> Now that I think of this code as a kernel part, there could be a
> MINT.CNF option to control this. A value to see only files with
> lowercase 8.3 filenames from TOS domain app, another to see them all,
> but then with possible duplicates. This could even be controled on a per
> drive letter basis.

Enhancing the Fsfirst/Fsnext emulation solve hopefully your problems.
There are routines in the fatfs.c that validate filenames against TOS/DOS
convention if you want to reuse it.

> Do you agree with this ?

Improvements are always welcome.

Tschuess