[MiNT] GDB 5.0?

Howdy there, I've just started dusting off my old stuff and ran into another
problem. I have updated my MiNTnet CAB.OVL using the current libraries and
such, but it's not working quite right. I blew away all my old utilities
(while trying to get my MinixFS partitions straight. sigh...) so I can't
fall back to my old gdb. The new gdb 5.0 is unable to attach to my running
process, so I can't debug anything. Is this ptrace supposed to work in
1.15.12, or do I need to grab a kernel out of CVS and build it myself?

Alternately, can someone remind me where to find alternate superblocks on my
old MinixFS partition, possibly I can recover it...

  -- Howard Chu