[MiNT] MiNT Newbie needs help....

OK, I setup KEMD on my Atari Falcon, get everything working fine, and then
I started updating the packages I could with RPM and the sparemint
packages.

So, I tried updating the kernel to 1.15.12, have done this many time, but
once init.prg runs, I get an error saying it can not write to wtmp, even
though the file does exist, and everything is fine if I switch back to the
version of mint that can with KGMD, I don't have the error, and the
system is usable.

My system setup:

Stock Falcon (TOS 4.04) with 14 megs and 6 gig internal drive
SCSI with 2 Gig HD, CD ROM, and Zip Drive

Running HD Driver 8.0, Extendos 2.4, NVDI 4, and HSMODEM in the startup
(also XBoot)

Thanks!

Keith