[MiNT] EasyMint denies remote access

Using EasyMint:

When I try to telnet or ftp to my falcon from a remote machine, I get no login
or getty.  I just get (connection refused).  Likewise when trying to launch a
remote Xwin client with DISPLAY='my.ip.addy:0.0' (under the GEM Xserver).
Pinging the Falcon from remote sites returns packets as it should.  I just can't
access.

Could someone please direct me to documentation, or explain here, how to setup
mintnet so that it accepts remote logins and other such network activity?

Clueless,
Brian