Re: [MiNT] XaAES & centscreen

"Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz" wrote:

> > So I think you can prevent this by letting the whole system boot in
> > 640x400xTC. You can do this by configuring the resolution in plain tos
> > (running the gem desktop), and saving newdesk.inf.
>
> IIRC newdesk.inf is read when the AES starts, so this wouldn't help.

XaAES doesnt read these files.

> It is better to write a short wrapper program, which will switch
> resolutions, launch AES, and when the AES exits, it would restore the
> resolutions back to the original state.
>
> I wonder why no AES bothers to do this.

It would not be part of the AES.
XaAES opens the VDI physical workstation in the current mode of the VDI, unless
overruled by the -fvideo/-video parameter.

The question is: should the AES change resolution at all ?
If such a wrapper function would be written I recommend to let it open/close the
physical workstation. The AES then only needs to open a virtual workstation.

Given the fact that changing resolution on the fly has never been possible, I think
the AES should take the VDI's state for granted.

If someone finds a way to set the falcon/centscreen resolution at bootup, I can take out
the parameter option and make an end to the confusion for all times.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl