[MiNT] Newbee questions

MiNT fur Dummies might be appropriate for me, but there are a few
things about it that I have not made to work yet. The second
topic may be most important.

First, is that the modem does not dial. I have fixed all the
files I know about, and the stack thinks the modem dialed, and
times out on unanswered configuration requests. Serial 2, TT,
Supra 56K modem, manual for Supra 24K modem, kernel 1.15.5,
booting only gemarfix, hsmodem files for TT, boxkite. Superboot
for a boot manager, and Thing for a desktop, started manually.

Failing that, tried to get a man page and doc file reader and
compiler going, using RPM packages.

1. Mintlib quits near the end of loading for want of "touch".
What package is "touch" in?

2. Cpio, gdb, and gcc all need "install-info". What package for
that, or what is supposed to write that file?

3. groff needs "mktemp". What package has "mktemp"?

4. gcc also needs "binutils". What package is that from? Is that
where "touch" is supposed to be?

Third problem is bash. There is a perfectly good bash in MiNT fur
Dummies, but one library RPM wants a newer bash. I try to update
it with the new bash RPM, and MiNT cannot find bash any longer,
and I am presented with a TOS screen Easymint prompt. Did not
know that was in there, found that control-d quit it, and am glad
I have current backups.

Clues, please?

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |