Re: [MiNT] [2] Thing bug - is Gryf listening here?#

Hi!

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 01:29:39PM +0200, Ingo Schmidt wrote:
> >And no, I won't make it open source for various reasons.
>
> Do you mind telling us a few of these reasons?

Quoting from a mail I wrote to this list last year:

-- snip --
Nope. That's not because I'm greedy, but because the code is a
mess. I took me more than a year to sufficiently understand how
everything works together (remember, I'm not the original author)
- and I'm actually quite good at understanding other people's
code. Releasing Thing's code in its current state wouldn't lead to
people adding stuff, but rather in saying "boy, that's awful code,
Arno and Thomas must be lousy coders".

For example, the code has almost no useful comments - and I can
assure you that I would take me a lot more time to make the code
presentable (and thus useable) than to finish 1.30.
-- snap --

Ciao

Thomas

--