Re: [MiNT] Reply-to, one thing comes to mind

Hi!

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 01:30:09PM +0100, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
> I just noticed one annoying side-effect of having reply-to set
> to the list address on atari-midi: Autoreplies. :)
>
> It's holiday season so we regularly see "I have received your
> message but will not be in the office until.." posted to the
> list. :)

While I advocate against using Reply-To:, these autoreplies are
not caused by Reply-To:, but by either braindead MTAs / MUAs (like
older versions of the MS Exchange server, which is still widely
used) that don't honor headers like "Precedence: bulk", or by
braindead mailing list software, that doesn't set these headers
when forwarding mails to the list members.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)