Re: [MiNT] Runtime AES application name change?

Hi!

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> You can fork the script interpreter, register the child in GEM and give it
> any name you want. Using fork() with GEM is difficult for principal reasons,
> but it can be done with special libraries.

Do you mean the mt_aes? The new gemlib (the merge with mgemlib beeing
currently done) will have this ability.

But how to actually set the name of the child process? Could you point
me to some example code?

> You can also use tfork() (a combination of Pexec(7) and Pexec(104)),
> but it wouldn't make it easier.

tfork()?
>From the sources and their documentation it seems like 'create a thread'.
Real threads under MiNT (no process?)? This would be a good 'news' for
me. Could you explain more about tfork() and possible real thread
implementation?

I would rather stick to the fork() and mt_aes instead for my purpose.

best regards

STan