Re: [MiNT] XaAES programmers reference guide

Hi

Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > A description of AES extensions in XaAES
> > in ST-Guide hypertext format.
> >
> > You can download it from my homepage (Home.html)
> >
> > Frank: Please put it at an appropriate place in the CVS
>
> Ok, thank you. I'll doit.
>
> Until now I missed an official statement. I know now that you announced
> your development stop on the ARAnyM maling list. But I don't read this
> list until now and it was also your own idea to announce and discuss XaAES
> related things on the MiNT mailinglist. So I was a little bit surprised as
> I saw the XaAES sources somewhere on cvs (a thing I wanted since a long
> time :-)).

Frank
I think I owe you an apology. I should have known you were interested.
However, the reasons I offered XaAES to Aranym were the following.

1: 70 % of the response I got on XaAES came from Aranym.
2: 29 % came via personal mail from other users around the world.
3: Aranym is very close with Emutos, which now also supports (single tasking) AES
4: The traffic for XaAES on the mint list was almost indiscernable.

> Ok, as summary, you no longer maintain XaAES, right? And is there now an
> official new maintainer from your side or it's still open?

I made an appointment with Aranym to announce my withdrawel as maintainer officially
as soon as the new maintainers have a new release. This to maintain continuity
on te availability of XaAES.

Olivier Landemarre and Eric Reboux offered to become new maintainers.
Note that I very specifically wanted that XaAES were put in a CVS.
After those 3 years of working alone, I thought it was time to give everybody
the opportunity to contribute to XaAES.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl