Re: [MiNT] TOSgroup.org

Hi Arnaud!

:) I've been a member of the 'standard' group almost from the very
beginning. There is no such mailing list you are talking about here. I've
always wanted them to switch from those silly forums to mailinglist(s) and
also from German only (which is not really acceptable to use for
'standardisation' IMHO although there were attempts to translate each
single article to English by some people) to English. Several other people
did almost insult them while wanting them to change their minds and
switch from the German GEM standards (this what I call this myself) to a
real GEM standards. Yes, some of the TORG documents are quite promissing,
but some of them are just another pure crap that is trying to establish a
totally nonstandard way of doing for things that were already invented and
are widely used (application parameter passing e.g.). Well, there is a
group of people using them, but it doesn't make much sense IMHO.

I would wish Mr. Kroemke and Michael Schwingen would join the MiNT mailing
list for these discussions. This way we would get really compatible ideas
and interfaces here... Until than we will have to solve each things a more
complicated way (off mailinglist discussions with MagiC and Milan TOS
maintainers) :(.

AFAICS tosgroup.org is searching a maintainer. So someone reliable can
take care of it and establish finally well driven TOS standards portal.
However I would not take care about that for the lack of time (we all
know) I'm suffering. No doubt that it is quite a lot of work (WEB portal),
but is it really needed? Isn't the mailing list sufficient for this? Now
when the MiNT mailing list serves for the XaAES as well, I thought we can
discuss the proposals here and upload them somewhere to the WEB (e.g.
atariforge.org) to let other people search them and read them.

Regarding the TORG 5 ... I don't care as no other AES has such binding. Or
am I wrong? Frank, you are involved in tosgroup.org too... What is your
opinion?

best regards

STan

PS: I must say that I was pretty angry with the tosgroup.org habbits. I
also tried to speak with RGF about it on the Messe in Koln.... but.. you
see.

IMPORTANT: This mail is just my opinion related to the tosgroup.org. If
you feen insulted by this then please send rather a direct mail to me and
not to the mailing list. I didn't want to insult anyone I just wanted to
have a good standards discussed widely and not only by the 'VIP' or by
silly WEB forum browsing.