Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

-----Original Message-----
From: "Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz" <draco@obta.uw.edu.pl>
To: "mint@fishpool.com" <mint@fishpool.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:25:51 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

>Simply accept the new feature as being useful for >someone, even if you
>yourself think it is a "nonsense".

I never suggested it was nonsense, just that I don't find that the implementation is ideal. It would seem neater to have it launched through a config, but I am not trying to start WW3 here.

>BTW. the XFS/XDD modules are loaded without being >specified in any config
>too. Just FYI, these are programs as well.

Yes, but that does make some sense, as these are modules loaded, and are loaded as they have a certain file extention (XDD, etc). Just my 2 cents.

>> I don't really see a point with it tbh, so having it built-in by default
>> seem a bit unnecessary.

>You can always compile the kernel without the shell. >It saves about 8k of
>the kernel length, and you will have to reboot to TOS

I'll see if someone will want to compile one for me then.

Regards,

Joakim