Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

>Hmmm, OS should support HW. As we see ARAnyM as a virtual machine that
>basicaly defines that the CPU instruction set is mc68040 compatible and
>nothing more we would like to get the OS support ARAnyM just like any
>other HW available.

IMO this is the crossroad right there - many might feel it is all backwards to see MiNT,
our native OS, be adjusted to let an emulator/virtual machine use native features from the
(real) underlying OS that it is running on top of. Like Ozk pointed out, the original issue
might perhaps be a detail, but all things start in small.

The principle is probably more important than the issue here. Personally, I think an emulator
should be responsible for behaving like the hardware it wants to resemble, rather than relying
on the OS to be changed to suite its needs.

Regards,

Joakim

www.ataricq.org