Re: [MiNT] NEWFATFS & CAB

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:37:35 -0500, Lonny Pursell <gfabasic@bright.net> wrote:

> on 1/24/04 2:53 PM, PeterSlegg at peterslegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
>
> > I've just tested CAB on another partition that has Newfatfs
> > enabled but not vfat. It doesn't find the hotlist and tries to
> > save it with a long name (hotlist.html)
> >
> > Could this be a bug in the Newfatfs ? Has anyone else
> > tried using CAB from a Newfat partition that is not VFat ?
>
> I have newfatfs for all drives, vfat is off.
> On my hades this file ends up in /home on my minix drive.
> Seems to work ok.
>
> That's probably not helpful, but that is what happens here.

I'm using CAB 2.7c maybe that is why it saves the hotlist
to the application directory and not to /home. I don't
really use the home directory properly in any case.

Even so, I don't feel that CAB should be using a long
filename on a Newfat partition without vfat.

Does CAB check the partition type in some way,
maybe this version doesn't check it properly.

I never bothered with version 2.8 as it was pricey for
what it offered. I'll be patient and wait for Highwire.

Regards,

Peter

Cheaper and better broadband from Freeola - from £26.99 p/m plus
FREE domain hosting, static IP and more!  www.freeola.com/broadband