Re: [MiNT] SYS_NMLN

Hello!

> > > Brief check gave me that this constan represents length of the
> > > entries of the utsname structure defined in sys/utsname.h.
> > >
> > > This constant should be also defined in sys/utsname.h and should
> > > be at least 256, so adding
> > >
> > > #define SYS_NMLN       256
> > >
> > > seems resonable.
> > >
> > > Can the library mainainer(s) express their opinion about it?

After looking at it it's not POSIX (POSIX explicitly state that the length
of the strings is not defined). Looks like it's something Linux
introduced. For sure, I don't have a problem to add this to be more
compatible. The problem is that this is an incompatible ABI change. So you
need to figure out all libraries that use these struct and recompile all
stuff against the new version. Otherwise you have a good chance for funny
things if you use a lib that use these struct.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060