Re: [MiNT] problems with QED from CVS

Hi Martin!

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> I saw that QED development has found a new home in a CVS on the
> sparemint server.

Nice :)

> I tried to compile on my Aranym/EasyMiNT setup and had
> some problems. Some of them I fixed but apparently not all of them. I
> have a binary now, but it can't open a text window properly.
>
> The problems is solved on my system:
>
> - I had some problems with cflib headers and includes not being found.
> Linking some files from /usr/GEM/lib to /usr/lib fixed this. I think the
> gemlib rpm package already does this, but the cflib rpm not ?

I don't know much about this. This seems to be a compatibility things with
former way. I always tweak the Makefile to work in my setup here and don't
care about the paths that much.

> - qed.rsc was rejected by qed_new.app ("Wrong version number"), the
> English rsc file was working fine.

Oh, is the German one still wrong. Sorry for that. I'll fix that ASAP.

> - The resulting binary would start fine now, but when I open a textfile
> the window doesn't open correctly. I'm using gemlib 0.43.1-1 and
> cflib-20-2 sparemint rpm packages.

The problem is that you need to use _CVS_ versions of all mintlib, gemlib
and cflib (gemlib is not needed AFAICR, but I would recommend it anyway).

There was a cruel register owerwrite bug in cflib and there are more
bugfixes in mintlib IIRC (I don't realle know how far is it from the
official RPM as I'm using always the CVS version).

best regards

STan