Re: [MiNT] AES desktop extension

Frank!

We both know that it is not good idea to execute the redraw in supermode, right? Therefore I'd like to have it clean in these terms. When enumerating the problems I didn't even thought about FreeMiNT and XaAES, but rather in general (it is however true that it seems the other way)...

regards

STan

Frank Naumann wrote:
Hello!

Well, I don't think it is a good idea to let it redraw it in supermode. It blocks (doesn't it?). It is not clever to call all the methods in supermode from the memory protection point of view (I loose the advantage of catching fauls and I gain more likely OS corruption problems).

Isn't that obvious from the kernel maintainer point of view? What are you getting at?

You confuse me. I already clarified that under XaAES progdefs are not called in supermode (they are called like a signal handler).

We spoke about applications and TOS/MagiC AES:

You: >> Well, XaAES is different. OS independent desktop application
     >> cannot rely on this fact however.

I:   >> But they [the OS independent desktop applications] should for sure
     >> not rely on the TOS-AES behaviour of executing progdefs in
     >> supermode.

You: >> Not *rely*, but they need to *support* such behaviour.

I:   >> What you need on special support if progdefs are running in
     >> supermode?

And now you started to speak about FreeMiNT and XaAES.

Ciao
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060